Sunday, July 13, 2008

Adding flora to the back deck

I have added a 1.4 gallon hanging pot of Double Blue Calibrachoa to the back deck. Honestly, the flowers are more purple than blue, but that's what the label says! It's really quite beautiful; some of the flowers look more like roses because they have a double layer of petals. I'm looking forward to seeing it grow; it's identified as a trailing annual. This is my first experiment with flowers here at the new house, and I figured an annual would be a safe bet. I'm also looking to replace the shrubs in the three cement pots, but they receive more shade than the Calibrachoa (which requires about 6 hours of full sun). I haven't figured out what will go in those pots just yet, but I will probably chose some brightly colored annuals that match the Cali.

No comments:

Post a Comment